Bankruptcy Brisbane – Pearce & Heers Insolvency Accountants has been trading in Brisbane since 2002. The two founding partners of Pearce & Heers, Mark Pearce and Andrew Heers have more than 45 years combined insolvency accounting experience, including providing advice and assistance to people regarding their financial affairs and options available, including in appropriate circumstances filing for bankruptcy.
Mark Pearce is currently a member of the Australian Restructuring Insolvency & Turnaround Association committee which liaises with the Australian Financial Security Authority (which is the government body which regulates bankruptcy) in respect of issues relating to the administration of bankruptcy and other personal insolvency administrations by private bankruptcy Trustees.
The partners and staff in Pearce and Heers’ Brisbane office include Registered and Official Liquidators, Registered Bankruptcy Trustees and qualified Chartered Accountants. As qualified professionals we specialise in the administration of formal personal insolvency appointments such as bankruptcies, Controlling Trustee appointments, Personal Insolvency Agreements and Part IX Arrangements.
However, given that a personal insolvency appointment under the Bankruptcy Act 1966 (Cth) (such bankruptcy and formal alternatives) may only be one of the options available to an individual debtor we also specialise in:
- Providing advice regarding alternatives to bankruptcy.
- Acting for and advising people in dealing with the ATO.
- Acting for and advising people in dealings with banks, including seeking to negotiate settlement arrangements where a bank has suffered a shortfall on a mortgage secured over a property which has been sold.
- Acting for and advising people in dealings with landlords, including in respect of trying to settle liabilities under personal guarantees.
- Assisting people in financial difficulty with negotiating settlement arrangements or payment plans with their creditors rather than making a formal insolvency appointment (which if successful may assist a person avoid bankruptcy).
We regularly work with accountants and their clients in Brisbane and surrounding areas to advise and assist people when financial difficulties or disputes which may arise. In this regard, early recognition of financial problems and acting quickly is the key to maximising the options available to address financial difficulties and provide the best possible outcomes for all involved.
Advice Regarding Bankruptcy and Alternatives
If you would like to obtain further information in respect of bankruptcy and alternatives, please contact our Brisbane office and our experienced staff will be able to assist you.